THE EVERGREEN EUBIOTIC
THEPAX® is a food supplement based on selected, inactivated and stabilized cells of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae, good at modulating intestinal and rumen flora.
Thanks to the application of the most advanced biotechnological breakthroughs, the yeast cell remains intact and preserves a high content of prebiotic substances useful in stimulating metabolic processes.
And you optimize the administration of feed.
European patent no. 0111202
THEPAX® BENEFITS FOR RUMINANTS
Thepax® contributes to increase the number of digestive microflora in order to help the animals to better utilize the feed. Its action:
- Releases of nutrients to microflora
- Increases number of digestive bacteria population, thus keeping rumen pH fluctuations
- Improves FRC
- Increases animal performance
- Decreases production unit cost
THEPAX® BENEFITS FOR MONOGASTRICS
Thepax® help large intestine microflora to limit the growth of pathogenic bacteria, by direct and indirect effects.
- Reduces incidence of abnormal fermentation with reduction in toxin production
- Allows a rapid recovery of digestive micro flora following antibiotic treatments
- Improves resistance to stress
- Improves performances, by increasing feed intake and FCR
- Improves the animal overall health and conditions
Why you should use yeasts?
Since ever, combinations of yeasts, microbial products, and enzymes are said to improve cellulose digestion, feed intake, and animal performance. Live yeast and other species of bacterial cells have been added to feed on the assumption that their introduction into the rumen would add to the rumen fermentation.
But yeasts, Lactobacillus, and other microbes do not survive in the rumen, although a small population can probably be maintained by continuous feeding.
In case of dried yeast it has to be considered that nutrients are seriously spoiled because of the breaking of the cell wall.
WHICH YEAST IS THE IDEAL ONE?
To be effective:
- It should not have any activity that delays the release of these substances in rumen/gut
- It has to keep its content intact until it reaches the rumen/gut
- The cell wall must be degraded in rumen/gut
- It must have a high number of cells per g of product
Why live yeast is not a suitable solution?
Yeasts are eukaryotic, single-celled microorganisms that carry out all the functions of a living cell:
- It consumes nutrients
- It produces catabolites
- It reproduces itself
- It delays releasing nutrients
- It competes with other microorganisms
Why isn’t dried yeast a right solution as well??
Technological processes for the production of dried yeast aim to eliminate water, and often damage cell walls and yeast cells.
The microscopic vision of a dried yeast shows how the cell walls have been destroyed and it’s easy to understand that the nutritional components have been used up.
Dried yeast is only a source of proteins.
THEPAX® MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
Thepax® is a concentrate of inactivated and stabilized cells of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
The number of inactivated and intact cells is of 5,05 x 109 per gram of product and it guarantees a hight content of natural prebiotic substances, useful for the growth of ruminal and intestinal microflora.
The inactivation of yeast allows to obtain:
- Increased availability of fresh nutrients
- Immediate release of active substances contained in cells
- Reduction of uncontrolled fermentative activities
- Resistance to pressure and high temperatures and, therefore, greater flexibility in processing and greater stability in storage
Rich in content
The inactivation process takes place in the initial phase of the budding process: the cells of Saccharomyces cerevisiae are fixed at the stage of pre-mitosis and preserve intact the nutrients inside the cell:
- Vitamins and trace elements
- Malic Acid
- Glutamin Acid
The cells of Thepax® also keep intact the cell wall which, rich in MOS and glucans, acts as a stimulus to the body’s immune response.
Thepax®bioactivity is constantly assayed in our laboratory.
It is expressed as the ratio between the bacterial growth of Lactobacillus acidophilus ATCC C-5M 20.9 in cultures with and without Thepax®, after few hours of incubation.
The assay is routinely used for every batch of Thepax® products, which must achieve a minimum bioactivity coefficient of 2.5 to be validated.